BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Blogger Templates »

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another Milestone

For the past few months we've been keeping an eye on what we call a, "wiggler".  That tiny little loose tooth in Sammy's mouth that we have eagerly been awaiting to fall out.  We've noticed over the past week or so that Sammy has been having an increasingly difficult time eating because that tooth has been so loose.  Sometimes it would stick straight out and I would cringe watching it wiggling around lol.  I'm very squeamish about teeth so I would just wiggle it sometimes to try and help it along but I know I couldn't handle pulling it.  
Sammy has had some anxiety about this tooth because someone made a comment about, "snatching" it out and Sammy takes everything you say literally so we have had to assure him that nobody is going to snatch his teeth out.  
As days went on he was becoming increasingly irritated by this tooth and we tried helping it along by giving him apples or some sort of sticky treat which didn't work.  It was on the verge of coming out but needed a little help.  Sammy was getting to the point to where eating was getting difficult so yesterday we bribed him into letting us "wiggle" it for a little bit and we told him we would give it little, "tugs".  Sammy was anxious and scared but we reassured him and he let his daddy work with it a bit and out it came.  Sammy had this look of utter shock, and yelled, "PUT IT BACK DADDY" lol.  He was kind of embarrassed and clung to me unsure of what to do, but we made a huge deal about how awesome it was and how the Tooth Fairy was going to come and see him and then he was okay with it.  He asked how much the Tooth Fairy would bring him and I told him I wasn't sure but probably around $5.  He asked if she could bring him $20 so he could buy some more Lego's lol.  I informed him that she generally doesn't bring $20 but he can save his money and buy some more Lego's.   It's not like he doesn't have a couple of thousand anyway.

So this morning he woke up to find $5 and 2 gold $1 pieces under his pillow and he was so excited.  He's already wiggling his other loose tooth and talking about how much money he is going to get for it.  Over all I think he did wonderful with the whole loose tooth thing.  Much better than we had anticipated and I will always remember that he lost his first tooth the day before my birthday.

0 comments: