BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Blogger Templates »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Friday

Well Friday is a big day for Sammy.  He finally gets to graduate Pre-K after having been in preschool for almost 3 years.  The decision to put him in preschool was the best decision we could have made for him.  He has grown so much socially and emotionally over the past 3 years.  
I'm sure a lot of people don't really get the significance of graduating preschool, but when you have an Autistic child it is absolutely a monumental moment.  When Sammy started preschool on his 3rd birthday he was mostly non-verbal and used sign language and the PECS system.  He was having daily meltdowns and had sensory processing issues.
He was a brilliant kid who had retained so much knowledge but couldn't verbalize it.  We have spent countless hours at home working on his communication skills and educating him on everything he found fascinating.

As Sammy finishes preschool and prepares for Kindergarten,  I look back and think of all that he's accomplished  during his pre-k years.  Socially and emotionally he still has issues but nothing compared to what he did have.  He is such an amazing little boy and I have no doubt that he is going to do big things as he gets older. 


                                                   Sammy & Mandy



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww bless that sweet baby boy.
He is absolutely precious. I can imagine the entourage of family and friends that will be there to cheer him on tomorrow.
Time really flies doesn't it. I will pray that he has a wonderful day tomorrow, he has been through so much and he deserves a special day.

Kami

Momma Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.